So, thanks to your suggestions- it's time for another round of gijinka pokemon! Lke the last two rounds, I had you guys suggest pokemon you wanted to see me do as humans, and like usual I tried to keep them between 98-100% human in their designs. So no tails or cat ears or anything, just humans inspired by the look of different pokemon. With maybe just a tiny bit of inhuman quality to a couple. :> So now let's run through them!
1. Cubone- This was a pretty commonly requested pokemon, but I wasn't sure how to do it at first. The normal gijinka style for cubone seems to be pretty consistent- a semi tibal or cave style guy with a bone club. But I wanted to do something different. And then it struck me- make cubone as a baseball player. And for some reason I just couldn't get the image out of my head, so I ended up with a female ball player. And let me tell you, steel bats makes excellent substitutes for bone clubs. XD
2. Trubbish- This one got suggested a few times, but it was always to make an "attractive" version of this ugly little pokemon. lol! Weirdly though when I looked at what people usually do for this line, I found that it's usually pretty girls with fancy dresses that resemble the pokemon. Which seemed weird to me. :I So I went with a sort of fashion punk, because that just seemed more natural to me than a fancy girl.
3. Larvesta- This was another pokemon line that seems to always be depicted as a girl in a fancy dress. But Larvesta seemed to come across as more of a weird semi-gothic chick to me. XD
4. Doduo- As soon as this one was suggested I knew I had to do it. Doduo's one of the pokemon that gets forgotten I think, which is a shame because Dodrio is very cool. But when I looked at other people's gijinka for this guy, all I kept finding was conjoined twins, two-headed humans, or a person with hand puppets which was just a bit too weird for me. So I went with what I thought was the more obvious route (but apparently not to everyone else) and just made doduo into a set of twins.
5. Murkrow- Now, I've done honchkrow gijinka before obviously since I have an OC based on ti, but I'd never done a Murkrow. I don't particularly care for this pokemon actually, but I decided to a gijinka one just for the heck of it. Pretty straightforward transition for this line that I didn't feel much like deviating from. Can't deny the wonderful gangster-pimp crow people. XD
6. Banette- This one has been suggested before, but I finally decided to take it this time. My initial thought was of course to to a large hood to resemble Banette's head, but when I looked I saw that that was what every other person had done. So I decided to ditch the hood and focus more on the face.
7. Pikachu- Surprisingly this one hasn't been suggested much in the past, but when it cropped up this time I decided to go for it! Another fairly straightforward design, but still fun to do.
8. Sigilyph- This one was a bit difficult. Sigilyph has such an odd design that it was interesting to try and think how it would transition to a human. Eventually settled on this design, which I'm actually quite fond of now.
9. Primeape- This pokemon was difficult at first because primeape has such a minimalistic design. There's really not too much to work with there, you know? But when I looked up some other people's designs I found that most of them were... kinda freaky. :I So I decided to make my primeape a little more normal.
10. Lumineon- Yet another pokemon who almost always gets depicted as a girl in a fancy dress. This one got suggested a couple times with the specific request of making a male version. So I decided to ditch the frills and butterfly wings and make my lumineon a pretty normal guy. XD
11. Walrein- It was actually spheel that got suggested, but I decided to go with Walrein because he's cooler. And when I looked at walrein's deisign the first thing I thought was "big fat manly guy" so of course it was only logical to make it a pretty lady instead. :>
So there you go- round three of pokemon gijinka's! Hopefully you guys enjoy them, and I'll be looking forward to round 4 whenever it pops up! So if you've got a pokemon you're dying to see my gijinka interpretation of, keep an eye out for when the next poll pops up!
art and characters property of
pokemon is copyrigt
NOT for other's use