So, I had such a good time doing this last time that I decided to do it again! Just like last time, I had you guys suggest pokemon for me to do as gijinkas, and then I picked my favorite ten from the list (or just the ones that seemed like the best challenge). And like usual, I try to do my gijinkas as 98-100% human characters whose looks are mostly just inspired by certain pokemon.
So, here's the ones I picked for this round!
1. Sawsbuck- I really like this pokemon, and though the fall variation is my fave, I picked the winter coat for his design. Though I feel like it came out looking a little eevee-ish. XD I don't really know what the typical representation of this guy as a gijinka is because I didn't bother looking it up first, but I still had a good time with it.
2. Dragonite- this one got suggested a couple times, and I thought it might be fun to make it a young girl, because I generally think of dragonite as being an older male. And I like to go against "typical ideas." :I
3. Jigglypuff- I took this one because I thought it sounded like a fun challenge. Upon looking it up I saw that nearly every gijinka jigglypuff is shown as a teenage girl. So I decided to make mine a little boy. :3
4. Chandelure- This one got suggested a lot surprisingly. It was probably either the second or first most requested one. When I looked, I saw that most people were doing it as a male, so I made mine female... and more like a clown.
5. Gothitelle- This one wasn't actually suggested in the poll, but it was a special request from my roomy, who has a male gothitelle on her copy of white... which we both found extremely funny. I didn't even know this pokemon came in male actually. >_>; It was a challenge at first since I've only seen girl versions of this one, or if it is a shown as a boy, it's a weird tranny. lol! So, I wanted to try and make a male gothitelle that was actually likeable. And I ended up having a lot of fun designing his outfit from the real pokemon's dress thing. XD
6. Kecleon- This one only got suggested once I think, but it just seemed like such a fun pokemon to make into a person that I ended up doing it. :3 And to me, Kecleon looks he wold be a jerk as a person. :I
7. Exeggutor- This one was just such an odd suggestion that I couldn't say no. XD I don't think I've ever seen a gijinka exeggutor (but I've never gone looking). But it's not really a pokemon I hear a lot of people mention very ofther, so I thought it would be fun to do it. And especially fun to do it as a girl. XD
8. Magneton- As soon as someone suggested this one I was like "Yes. I will take that challenge." XD Magneton is a pokemon I probably never would've thought to do on my own, but I really had a lot of fun designing him. It was a challenge, but once I got the initial design worked out, I had a lot of fun finding ways to tie in magneton's actual design into the human version.
9. Meganium- I did meganium because I feel like its one of those large, chunky-ish pokemon that gets ignored by a lot of people. You know, pokemon like Venasaur, Shiftry, or Exploud, etc. So I thought it would be fun to make a Meganium that kind of goes against the typical view point. :3
10. Sableye- So this was probably the most requested pokemon from the poll. But I thought it would be more fun to do Sableye as just kind of a typical guy, rather than giving him some fancy design. I mean, I consider him a pretty plain looking pokemon, so I thought I'd make his human design match that. :I
So yeah, hope you guys enjoy these! And I look forward to doing another round some time in the future! ^^
Here's the first round I did a while back if you're interested! ->
All art and character designs property of
Pokemon is copyright
Not for others use