So, in my poll I asked for you guys to suggest some pokemon for me to make gijinkas of. Initially I was just going to make one... and then one turned into ten. XD You guys suggested a lot of good ones, so I decided to do my favorite suggestions from the list! And now for a little on them I guess. :I
1. Flygon- Flygon's one off those pokemon I don't know very well, but I thought it's design would be neat to make into a human. At first I was going to do a boy, but a girl just seemed more fitting. And flygon's design to me read as some kind of weird, almost sci-fi design, so I tried to translate that into her outfit... hopefully without making her look too Christmasy.
2. Jolteon- Jolteon seems to be a pretty common subject for ginjka-fying (lol) but I've notived it's almost always a guy. SO I made mine a woman. :I Not much to it other than that. XD
3. Ghastly- Ghastly wasn't actually suggested, but gengar was. And then I decided Ghastly would be more fun. Again, pretty straightforward.
4. Jynx- Too me Jynx has always seemed like a pokemon that would be an obvious choice for making as a gijinka, but upon searching, I found that nobody really ever seems to make actual human versions of her. Instead it's always this creepy sort of... I dunno, "furry" (for lack of a better word) version of Jynx. Like, she's propertioned like a human, but still has all the features of the pokemon like the ink black skin, circular eyes, and lack of other facial features. And it creeps me out. So I used the opportunity to make a less creepy Jynx gijinka. XD
5. Chimecho- I like this pokemon- it's super cute. :3 And it's pretty open to interpretation for humanization. This is just the first idea I came up with for her.
6. Lapras- At first it seemed logical to do Lapras as a woman, but I decided that was too expected and did it as a man instead. XD Sort of looks like he could also be like... squirtle or something though. >_<
7. Absol- I don't really like Absol. :I And I've noticed that about 99.9% of all gijinka absols look basically the same- punkish guy in his mid-late teens with a sidesweep and a job as an assassin or theif. XD So I was like "Screw that, I'm making mine a little kid." lol! And I kept the forehead gem, but I nixed the horn.
8. Garchomp- I wasn't going to do this one originally because I wasn't sure how to deal with the weird horns. And it occurred to me to just not put them in. XD I did want to put him in though because I really wanted to do those weird eyes. :>
9. Fearow- Fearow was one of the last suggestions, but he's always been a favorite of mine so I went ahead and used him. :3 He was a pretty easy one to make a human out of as his design is pretty straightforward.
10. Lickitung- This was one of the ones I got asked to do the most, and originally I was going to make it a boy. But then I thought it would be more fun to make it a girl. It was a bit of a challenge because I didn't want to do the obvious tongue thing. And then it struck me how much lickitung's tail looks like a bustle, and thus gijinka lickitung got an elaborate, pink ballgown. XD
Yup, so those were my sketches. Also, it occured to me while I was drawing these that when I do gijinkas it's not so much a poke-human hybrid, but more of a human whose appearance is just inspired by a pokemon. Mine are usually 98-100% human in appearance, and only very rarely do I do one with non-human features like ears or a tail. I just think it's more fun to do them this way.
*EDIT* I did a second round of these! ^^
Art and character by and property of
All pokemon are copyright of the pokemon company
NOT for other's use